Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quick Thoughts on Nashville

I can't think of anything that would have made this trip better. Some highlights:
1. Getting to play at the Grand Old Opry three times, and getting to stand on the original piece of stage from the Ryman Auditorium (the original Opry).
2. The groups I played for winning in both their divisions. The Los Alamitos group, Soundtrax, came in first in the women's division. SoundFX came in first in the prelims and also came in first in the finals. The kids were awfully excited.
3. Getting to experience the Nashville honkytonk scene. Walking down Broadway and hearing great live music coming from every bar on the street was an amazing experience. One I'd like to do again.
4. Going to Tootsie's, where Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson used to sneak to between sets at the Opry for a quick drink. It's said that many a great song was written on a bar napkin in this place.
More on Nashville later. Now it's time to get some breakfast in preparation for the long day of travel back to California ahead.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Wowser said...

WOW highlights indeed!!
I love Nashville so much, I wish I could live there.