Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Christmas Phone Call


     I was driving home from a performance in downtown LA. It was Christmas Eve and traffic was brutal. Instead of letting the situation get me down I tuned into a radio station that was playing Christmas music. As I sang my heart out the red brake lights became Christmas lights and I revelled in the holiday spirit. I had my Bluetooth in my ear, anticipating a phone call from my then girlfriend. As the current song came to an end I realized my Bluetooth was connected to a call. I embarrassedly asked, "Hello?" On the other end was Mom. She said, "I'm just calling to wish you Merry Christmas."
     "How long have you been listening?" I asked.
     "I heard most of the last song."
     "Why didn't you say anything?"
     "I was just enjoying listening." 

No comments: